To quantify the waiting market for a physician-prescribed, FDA-approved therapeutic that is reimbursed through insurance is straightforward. It’s everyone who has the disease.
- An estimated 6.5 million Americans age 65 and older were living with Alzheimer’s dementia in 2022, about 1 in 9 people (10.7%).
And demand is growing at a staggering rate.
- Global Data estimates by 2026, 23.8M Americans over the age of 60 will have MCI, Mild AD, Moderate AD or Severe AD.
- The percentage of people with Alzheimer’s dementia increases with age: 5.0% of people aged 65 to 74, 13.1% of people aged 75 to 84, and 33.2% of people aged 85 and older have Alzheimer’s dementia
- The population of Americans 65 and older is projected to grow from 58 million in 2021 to 88 million by 2050.
The dollar value of the market is large and growing.
- The US market, which was valued at $720M in 2021, is estimated to be worth $11.3B by 2030. The global market is estimated to be worth $15.6B by 2030.